Re: [TowerTalk] Weight of ladder (window) line

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Weight of ladder (window) line
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 22:15:05 -0000
Can you use coax?  No airline that I have flown will let you take along a
200 pound bag!  Even if you cut it up, the luggage charges would exceed the
value of the ladder line.

John KK9A / P40A

To: towertalk@contesting.com
From: Alan Ibbetson <alan@g3xaq.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 20:12:24 +0000

I got a reply from Wireman. 553 ladder line weighs 6lb/100ft.
--

Alan Ibbetson
alan@g3xaq.net

[TowerTalk] Weight of ladder (window) linefrom [Alan Ibbetson][Permanent
Link][Original]To: towertalk@contesting.comSubject: [TowerTalk] Weight of
ladder (window) lineFrom: Alan Ibbetson <alan@g3xaq.net>Date: Fri, 20 Jan
2012 15:42:50 +0000List-post:
<towertalk@contesting.com">mailto:towertalk@contesting.com>I want to take
100 metres of 450 ohm ladder line (say, Wireman 553) with
me on a trip to Africa. I can't find any data on the weight of this
stuff on the web or the list archives. I need to know because I am on a
tight budget for baggage. Please can someone enlighten me?

73, Alan G3XAQ