Re: [TowerTalk] Beam problem

To: n5pht@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beam problem
From: Joseph or Ruth Patrick <hdmc38@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:56:43 -0800 (PST)
Hey Gary

Well you seem to have narrowed it down pretty well. Just to be sure I would
first check back from the switch to your transceiver using a good dummy load
and
your analyzer. It's always easier to check everything on the ground first.
Since
you have done most everything else it sure won't hurt. I will take a shot and
say if everything out to the end of the Rat Pack is good then 1 the matchbox, 2
the feed-line, 3 the antenna. This is JMHO. I am sure there are others. One
other thing you can try is to add 3' or whatever you have available of coax to
the end of the feed-line and recheck with the analyzer. Whatever the result is
you seem to have it narrowed down. Eliminate everything on the ground before
going up the tower. Good luck, let us know how you make out.
 73 DE K4XZ Joe Patrick
God Made Man
Sam Colt Made Them Equal