Re: [TowerTalk] Beam problem

To: <n5pht@arrl.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beam problem
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:18:24 -0600
Have you suspected the shorting stub between your two elements? Pull off the
coax at the bottom of the tower and put an Ohm meter up the line. You should
get a very low DC resistance reading. If it's open, the stub has a problem.
Another possible point of failure is the choke input on the front side of
the antenna.

I'm not familiar with the Cushcraft antenna, but all LPDA's are built to
more or less the same design.

Good luck!

73
dan