[TowerTalk] Fwd: balanced line loss on a mismatched antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: balanced line loss on a mismatched antenna
From: HansLG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 14:20:11 -0500 (EST)
Maybe yo could look in to the HB9CV antenna instead. The dimensions should
be about the same but with a lot better match. A fast search showed an
antenna  with a 75 ohms input and I remember several hams in Sweden building
that antenna  with a 50 ohms input impedance.

_http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.radiosparks.com/images_d/Hb9
cv.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.radiosparks.com/schematics.asp%3FUID%3DAntenna%2
6newwindow%3Dtrue&h=480&w=640&sz=8&tbnid=GhQRdr7FeeDNRM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120&zo
om=1&docid=wOUiIrOPETZBfM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=8CdNT5uYHefX0QGgh-W9Ag&ved=0CDIQ9QEw
Aw&dur=92_
(http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.radiosparks.com/images_d/Hb9cv.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.radiosparks.com/schematics.asp?UID=An
tenna&newwindow=true&h=480&w=640&sz=8&tbnid=GhQRdr7FeeDNRM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120
&zoom=1&docid=wOUiIrOPETZBfM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=8CdNT5uYHefX0QGgh-W9Ag&ved=0CDIQ9
QEwAw&dur=92)

Hans - N2JFS/SM6BXX