Re: [TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation
From: Dan Hearn <n5ardxcc@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 19:44:57 -0700
I have built and measured many of Jims line chokes. I  like those wound on
the 2.4 cores with small Teflon wire like RG142. This will handle
considerably more power than the legal limit easily and you can get more
turns on the cores than with the larger coax.  The cheapest place I found
to get the coax is RF Parts. They had surplus made up cables with N
connectors cheaper than the bare coax anywhere I could find. I cut off the
connectors if necessary to get the shorter pieces of cable I need.I don't
know if this is still available.
  If you would rather buy the chokes complete in weather tight boxes they
are sold by Balun Designs. He has nice pictures on his web page of the
various ones he offers. I do not know the guy but assume he is reliable
.

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>wrote:

> On 4/12/2012 4:43 PM, K8RI wrote:
> > Look up Jim Brown's RFI tutorial.