[TowerTalk] Telrex Redesign

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Telrex Redesign
From: Dave Sublette <k4to@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 09:23:55 -0400
Good morning,

I have two six element, 46 foot boom, 20 meter Telrex yagis. One of them
I bought in 1979 and the other in 1993. One is in the air and the other
is in my barn.  I have had excellent results with this antenna
electrically and mechanically. When I put the one up several years ago,
I "optimized" the element lengths(without changing element spacing) with
a computer program.

Now I am thinking that maybe I might redesign it and try to optimize the
element spacing and, as has been suggested before, eliminate one element.

Is there anyone on this list who has done this?  Before I go
"re-inventing the wheel" I thought it would be good to ask. Also, is
there one antenna design program that you might think is better for the
job than the others?

Thanks for your time.

73,

Dave, K4TO