[TowerTalk] Hygain HG-70HD

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hygain HG-70HD
From: "Marv Shelton" <marvs@att.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 16:30:19 -0700
               I just purchased a used HG-70HD 70 ft.  crankup tower by
Hygain. My problem is that the manual I received online is not 100%
identical to the tower that I have. Specifically, the base mounting is
different. In the manual, the tower base tabs are mated to matching tabs
welded to the ends of rebar that form the base foundation cage. My tower
came with a "T" Shaped mounting base with holes in it that apparently are
use by a threaded rod foundation base.

Even though I will have to have a foundation base made (the cost of a new
one plus shipping made the decision very easy). I would like to have it made
to utilize the "T" shaped base that I have.  I believe the reason for this
base design is to allow it to be mounted on screws on threaded rods, which
would allow the antenna to be plumbed easily.

Does anyone have the manual, plans and drawings for this version of the
HG-70HD?

I'm also looking to replace the cables and other hardware throughout the
tower. They are structurally sound, but I'd like to start with new hardware.
If someone has a parts list that would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance

73,

Marv WA2BFW

Wa2bfw@arrl.net