Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Paint

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Paint
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 11:09:02 -0500
If it's 55G, it's galvanized.  If it's rusty, I would have it re-galvanized.

I use paint only to make a tower more visible (white and red), especially to
pilots.  I don't think it mattewrs what kind of paint is used, as lomg as it
has a long life in the sun.

I have 320 feet of 55G stacked on the ground, along with about 10K feet
Phillystran.  The tower has been down at least 15 years.  All sections are
painted either red or white.  I thought about taking the paint off, but am
still undecided.  All sections look good enough to put up without worry.

73, Keith NM5G