Re: [TowerTalk] Mains Filter for 80M

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mains Filter for 80M
From: "Aravind Balasubramanian (VU2ABS)" <vu2abs@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 19:07:17 +0530
On 6/8/2012 6:20 PM, Wayne Willenberg wrote:
> I am putting up an 80M dipole at 65 ft and a Beverage antenna for
> receiving.  In doing my homework for this project, I have been reading
> ON4UN's book "Low-Band DXing."
>
> On page 7-75, the author states "It is essential to feed the equipment at
> the shack through high-quality mains filters..."
>
> Would someone please give me a recommendation for such a "mains filter"?
http://us.tdk-lambda.com/lp/ftp/other/all_about_emi_epmag.pdf

Though the below is not a recommendation - it will give you a fair idea.

http://stores.ebay.com/PLATINUM-TV-PARTS/EMI-FILTERS-MAINS-CONNECTORS-/_i.html?_fsub=918486011

I get mine from the junk market where these are removed from scrapped
machinery and have a lot of life remaining in them.

You can also build your own.

online electronics part stores like mouser etc will also have the same
just search for EMI filter