Re: [TowerTalk] Mains Filter for 80M

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mains Filter for 80M
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 10:41:24 -0500
Wayne,

I use an ISOBAR IB-4 dual stage line filter.
It is a combination noise and surge protector.
I don't have any literature for it, but a similiar filter is shown at:

http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtSeriesID=825&txtModelID=39
50

Several different models are shown at:

http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/product-series.cfm?txtSeriesID=825&gcli
d=CI7A1PX6vrACFSdeTAodXHpnDA

The one I have is a dual stage and is rated: 1st stage - 50 db noise
rejection @ 1 Mhz. 2nd stage - 75 db.

I run all my computer and radio gear on this filter. However, I have
separate filtering for the linear amps.

These are usually available at computer and office stores. Not cheap, but
very effective and long lasting.

    73s de Jim
       W5IFP