Re: [TowerTalk] Rebuilding AV640 matching network.

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rebuilding AV640 matching network.
From: Dan Hearn <n5ardxcc@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 08:18:18 -0700
My Times Wire and Cable catalog shows a power rating of 9kw for 142 and
11.5 kw for 143 at 10mhz . The ratings are less at 50mhz, 3.5kw and 4.6kw.
I have been using 142 on legal limit chokes for several years. Take a look
at the chokes from Balun Designs and DXE. they use the stuff.
Dan, N5AR

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 8:16 PM, Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net> wrote:

> RG304 but get out your wallet, if you can find it! 0.28" od
> http://www.awcwire.com/Part.aspx?partname=RG304
>
> Also RG142 dbl silver braid is close to QRO all bands, same as RG303.
> 1900 volt max.
>
> Grant KZ1W
>
> On 7/31/2012 7:38 PM, K8RI wrote:
> > The AV640 matching network is relatively simple, a current, or choke
> > balun wound on 2 ferrite core, and I believe a 4:1 transformer wound on
> > two cores.
> >
> > #31 material should work well with RG303 for the current balun, but it
> > appears to be a bit anemic for handling the legal limit. I think the
> > same core material will work for the 4:1 transformer.
> >
> > Is there another relatively compact/small coax that is rated for the
> > full legal limit?
> >
> > 73
> >
> > Roger (K8RI)

Dan Hearn