Re: [TowerTalk] Rebuilding AV640 matching network.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rebuilding AV640 matching network.
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 11:36:12 -0400
> My Times Wire and Cable catalog shows a power rating of 9kw for 142 and
> 11.5 kw for 143 at 10mhz . The ratings are less at 50mhz, 3.5kw and 4.6kw.
> I have been using 142 on legal limit chokes for several years. Take a look
> at the chokes from Balun Designs and DXE. they use the stuff.

Another alternative ro RG-142 is RG-400, a premium grade of the same coax.
Often, it can be found on NOS reels at prices close to that of RG-142.  I've
standardized on RG-400 for coaxial baluns and all shack interconnects.
RG-400 uses the same RG-142/58 connectors, including crimped PL-259,
soldered PL-259 with a silver reducer, and crimped BNC.

Paul, W9AC