Re: [TowerTalk] tower permit for Portland OR

To: towertalk@contesting.com, barrows4967@msn.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower permit for Portland OR
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 21:26:38 -0400 (EDT)
have purchased drawings and documentation from US Towers  which will
hopefully satisfy most of  the 8 items they have listed.   One item I would
like to
push back on is the requirement to hire an inspection  company to verify
that the steel and welding are correct.  The gentleman I  talked to at City of
Portland Bureau of Development Services said they would  expect the the
inspection company visit US Tower to verify their manufacturing  procedures and
that their welders are qualified.  This seems like overkill  to me given
that the tower in question is an off the shelf item.

    Jeez, the BS that building departments want you to  go thru.

    One building department wanted to verify that all  of the welds on a
Rohn tower met some sort of standard that I don't recall. They  were finally
satisfied when Rohn copied all of the welder's certifications  and mailed
them to the building department.

    Maybe Hank, KR7X, can be of some help although he  is mostly acquainted
with the Beaverton regs. Worth a try.

Cheers & GL,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH