Re: [TowerTalk] tower permit for Portland OR

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower permit for Portland OR
From: "KR7X" <kr7x@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:46:56 -0700
Steve:

That was Mark's (W7ZB) tower installation. I got the welders AWS
certificates from Rohn as part of the permit application.  It was the city
of Beaverton and they did not back down until an ARRL Volunteer counsel was
brought in by Mark to discuss the issue with the City Engineer and Mayor. It
was then that an internal finding was prepared and the building department
relented on that particular criteria.

I have corresponded with Chuck regarding his installation and gave him the
name of the ARRL Counsel that was used. That is about all I can do for him
as he has had someone else do the engineering and document preparation for
his installation. Every jurisdiction has its quirks and you just have to
deal with them one at a time.

Regards
Lonberg Design Group, Ltd.
H. Lonberg, P.E,.S.E. / KR7X