Re: [TowerTalk] How Do I Schedule a Freight Pick-Up?

To: 'Drax Felton' <draxfelton@gmail.com>, Bill Gaines <ad8p@wcoil.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How Do I Schedule a Freight Pick-Up?
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 12:37:51 -0400
Brokers for independent truckers deal in full loads.  Hiring a semi, empty
except for a tower, to drive from CA to OH will cost nearly as much as the
tower.  Full loads are charged by the mile.

The LTL haulers are set up to efficiently handle partial load freight.  Even
the specialty light haulers will be cheaper than a full load, as their fixed
and fuel costs are significantly less than a semi.

Al
AB2ZY