[TowerTalk] TDR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] TDR
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 13:37:06 -0700
On 9/4/2012 1:04 PM, Roger D Johnson wrote:
I'm used to the old Tek pulse type TDRs. What would be the effect on the trace of a swept frequency TDR with FFT when the line is terminated with an antenna with several resonant points,

I don't have a good answer to that. I do know that both my Ten Tec TAPR VNA and the DG8SAQ VNA can provide a good TDR that sees a lot of detail on the line with an antenna attached, and I think the AIM units can too. I've also seen what I think are reflections from antenna elements and from the earth, but might be "wraparound" in the FFT.

73, Jim K9YC