Re: [TowerTalk] Coax and cable loop at antenna

To: "'Rick Kiessig'" <kiessig@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax and cable loop at antenna
From: "Frederick Mott" <fredmott@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 21:29:17 -0400
I installed 2 runs of 7/8 helix cable on the inside of my tower and I used
SS cable ties.  Plastic ties (I don't know of any good UV protected plastic
ties) will rot away after a few years of sunlight.  As far as your cable
length, add enough cable to  make a loop between the tower and your antennas
so that the cables will not be stressed.  Use your judgment or better yet
buy some good antenna and or tower books/publications from the ARRL.
Fred, AB8AH