Re: [TowerTalk] Dogs and coax - chew toy?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dogs and coax - chew toy?
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:41:44 -0400
On 9/11/2012 11:34 AM, Gene Smar wrote:
Jeff:

If you decide to protect the cables, PVC conduit is cheap enough at home
improvement centers. I suggest you buy sufficient quantities of whatever
diameter you need to protect the cables and lay this stuff on the ground as a
barrier for your cables. You don't even need to glue the couplers together,
just friction fit the whole length. You might want to compare prices for one
large diameter conduit vs several smaller diameters and couplers.

If it's just going to lay on the ground you might want to keep the conduit as small as possible. Large conduit makes a great home for all kinds of chewing critters.

As for fitting the sections together, I use Silicone Grease so they seat and I can get them apart. Normally conduit is sized so that it takes a bit of force to get sections to seat. After they've been seated for a while than can be very difficult to get apart when assembled dry.

I don't even glue the ones that go underground.

73

Roger (K8RI)

73 de
Gene Smar AD3F