[TowerTalk] Most reliable way to test coax?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Most reliable way to test coax?
From: "Rick Kiessig" <kiessig@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 10:24:43 +1200
I have a 140 ft run of 4-yr old LMR-400 that I'm about to move from one
antenna to another (160m to 6m). It shows some odd-looking TDR traces on my
AIM, so I thought I'd test it to make sure it's still good.

What's the most reliable way to test coax? I could put a dummy load on the
far end and make sure the resulting SWR curve is reasonably flat, but is
that enough? What about integrity problems that might only come up at high
power?

73, Rick ZL2HAM