Re: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless tower
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 16:19:34 -0700

Sorry, but that's an old wives tale. Concrete itself is porous as hell and will pass moisture almost as easily as any cinder block. There is no way on this earth that concrete will keep moisture away from the iron, but the alkalinity of the concrete will indeed keep the iron from rusting and that's why our bridges hold together and our towers don't fall over.

73,
Dave   AB7E

p.s. The specs for my tower called for 16 yards of concrete (9' by 9' by 5' deep), but it was impossible to carve a hole with straight sides into this rocky hillside so I ended up with over 20 yards myself.