Re: [TowerTalk] Hardline - PL-259

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hardline - PL-259
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 00:36:08 -0700

Sorry for the careless typing ... I meant LDF4-50A 1/2" Heliax.

73,
Dave   AB7E

On 9/25/2012 12:19 AM, David Gilbert wrote:

The Watts (brand name) A-200 fitting is a 7/16" female to 3/8" tube compression adapter, and the 7/16" end fits perfectly on an SO-239 barrel. It literally is an exact match. Not sure what you mean by a PL-259 barrel.

If you file the threads down just slightly on the 3/8" end (minus the compression nut that comes with it) of the A-200 it makes a snug fit INSIDE 1/2" copper plumbing tube, which in turn makes a nice fit OVER the copper jacket of LDF-50A 1/2" Heliax ... which was my original interest although I suspect something similar might be usable for 1/2" CATV cable.

73,
Dave   AB7E