Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Loop

To: "KD0Q-Glenn" <kd0q@traer.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Loop
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 18:06:47 -0400
Hi Glen -

I just set it up so the bottom end was secured to the top of the tower with the bundle leading towards the mast and the top end fastened to about the center of the boom or just below the boom on the mast. I set it up with about four moderately tight turns and then rotate back two turns and consider that as the "center of rotation" leaving me free to go at least a half or three quarters of revolution in either direction. Another thing to watch out for is that when "unwound" a couple of turns there is nothing on the top of the tower that the loop will catch on when it tightens up.

73's and good luck with it. It should work fine.

Gene / W2LU

----- Original Message ----- From: "KD0Q-Glenn" <kd0q@traer.net>