Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk] element tapering calculation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk] element tapering calculation
From: "Steve W3AHL" <w3ahl@att.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:31:19 -0500
I use DX Engeineering's Yagi Mechanical. You design an antenna with a constant element diameter using EZ-NEC or similar. Yagi Medchanical is used to take that design and change the element taper schedule to achieve the required mechanical properties to withstand wind and ice loading. As you change the element taper it calculares the new resonate frequency of the element, so you can adjust the tip length to keep resonance the same as the original design.

You can download a trial version and instruction manual from:

http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-sof-yagimech

It has instructions on how to install for Windows 7.  Cost is $39 US.

Steve, W3AHL

Hi folks,

I'd like some advice on software, scripts or ways to convert single
diameter tubing into tapered element, and back.

I've been advised to try ON4UN's software, but I could not run it on
windows7.

Thanks,

Felipe Ceglia - PY1NB