Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator screw sealing.

To: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator screw sealing.
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 18:28:45 -0800
I agree with Bryan, properly applied Loctite works extremely well. I attended a short Loctite seminar (nice cause they gave out lots of samples) and learned that generic Loctite "cures" when oxygen is absent and iron is present. The tubes are oxygen permeable so never transfer the contents to another container. There are also primers available to insure the curing. There are formulations available for other fastener materials.

The stud idea suggested on this thread is a neat way to go and I will do that in the future. The rotator aluminum housings have limited strength and life, so a "permanent" SS stud is has many benefits. A SS heavy nut plus nylock nut should not come loose and is a lot easier than cross drilling bolt heads and using safety wires.

Grant KZ1W