Re: [TowerTalk] beam antenna truss

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "steve jobes" <w1dxh@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] beam antenna truss
From: "Dan Cisson" <n4gnr@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 20:24:10 -0500
Steve,, boy thats a loaded question....The last antenna I built was 72 ft 6 el yagi for 20 meters...It was made of 12" aluminum tower-all that I had,,there was about 40 ft of al. tower and I ran 2" alum tubing from old Hy Gain 205 out each end of the al. tower to achieve the boom length I needed, Or all I could come up with. NEVER an antenna too big !!!! The one I built in 1988 was a 10 el mono for 20 meters, was 128 ft long up 116 ft high. It was primarily 70 ft of Rohn 25, with 29 ft of 2" out each end of the rohn 25. If you can find aluminum tower,, It is fantastic to build yagis...You can strut the boom with phillystrand to support it... Hope this gives you some ideas...73,, GL,, Dan N4GNR

----- Original Message ----- From: "steve jobes" <w1dxh@aol.com>