Re: [TowerTalk] Source for 2" OD Mast

To: Jerry Gardner <jerryw6uv@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Source for 2" OD Mast
From: Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 17:28:09 -0500
Hi Jerry.

I ran into the very same thing, recently. Even the suppliers get aggravated at the shippers because the cost to ship is often as much or more than the tubing itself and it turns buyers off.

I recently bought a 2" O.D. x .250" wall x 21' long stick of 1026 DOM (Drawn Over Mandrel) from Alro Metals, just a few miles from my home. I paid about $345 out the door plus another $50 to a friend to bring it home on his race car trailer. The only downside - it's not galvanized. I'm deciding on coatings, now.

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC