[TowerTalk] Bye Bye Deer

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bye Bye Deer
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 06:43:52 -0800
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 16:00:15 -0600
From: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>

Any suggestions on how to keep deer out of the yard and away from the
antennas? Pesky animals are always snagging my top loading lines and
bending the vertical.

Doug

Sure.

A-  .308 rifle  with soft nose bullets.
B-   rifled deer slugs for your 12 ga shot gun
C-  8 foot tall fence with razor wire on top..and electrify the entire mess.
D-  motion detector activated  stun grenades.
E-  Phone city hall and demand a Cull  at least twice a year.  Then feed the
homeless.
F-  tap into the B+  of your amp..and feed  4 KV to your top loading wires.

Seriously,  any kind of fence will be cost prohibitive.   I think a cheaper,
more effective
method would be to use an electrified  set up of some sort.

Jim  VE7RF