[TowerTalk] Bye Bye Deer

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bye Bye Deer
From: Charles Lind <cxl24@case.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 11:07:47 -0500
A good dog is the best deterrent, and a whole lot cheaper than a fence.
My Australian shepherd lives outdoors in all but sub-zero weather, and
loves to chase critters out of the yard.  We have ten acres with invisible
fence to keep her in, and the local deer, ground hogs and rabbits keep away
and go for the neighbors' crops.  We have a large garden, and once in a
while a clueless rabbits tries for the veggies, and the result is not
pretty.  Every now and then at night we can hear the dog take off from the
porch like a jet off a carrier,  just doing her job.  Incidentally, with
children and grandparents and neighbors, she is totally gentle.  The Fed Ex
guy is another story.........
73, Chuck, N8CL
cxl24@case.edu