Re: [TowerTalk] Bye Bye Deer

To: "Pete Smith N4ZR" <n4zr@contesting.com>, "TowerTalk" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bye Bye Deer
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 08:30:41 -0600
Deer can jump high or wide but not both at the same time. A horizontal extension to the top of a fence can work well (highly visible.) Flagging or otherwise making wires visible does help. I change my electric fence around every so often and if I don't flag it with cloth strips or marking tape the local deer population will run it over (not good for deer or fence) until they learn where it is. If they can see it they avoid it.

73 Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: Pete Smith N4ZR