Re: [TowerTalk] Caps (was: Hose Clamps)

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Caps (was: Hose Clamps)
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:49:47 -0500
Certainly it is possible for an insect nest to close off a tube however a
PVC end cap will definitely seal the end and possibly trap moisture.
Usually the ends of the elements and boom are the lowest points of the
antenna so it could be full of water. Somehow my previous post on what I
do with my homebrew antennas caused mostly criticism. I know that Telrex
did not supply end caps with the products that I purchased from them years
ago and they built heavy duty antennas. I am not sure what other
manufacture's do. This is my last comment on this subject.

John KK9A