Re: [TowerTalk] water in EMT conduit

To: TexasRF@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] water in EMT conduit
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:34:23 -0800
"Hermetic" is very difficult to do. Belden withdrew their air dielectric RG8 series coax because of water migration (original 9913 not current 9913F7). I know, I had 270' of it in a conduit. Consider also the perm ratings of the plastic covering, water vapor can migrate through some of them. I bought some 9913F7 when Buryflex was out of stock and regret it. Direct burial rated coax and cables are best for any buried conduit.

I've also built some deflagration test chambers and stranded wire can't be used in any seals as the leakage in between the strands is too much.

Grant KZ1W