Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearings

To: "K8RI" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearings
From: "John E. Cleeve" <g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 21:41:33 -0000
Hello Roger

The scrap aluminium tube I used has a wall thickness of about 0.75 inches,
the object being try and find bearings/materials that I could fairly
easily fit together in order to fabricate the housing with minimal machine
shop access. Having done the bench metal cutting etc. I did get the edges
etc. cleaned up by asking for help from a local machine shop, otherwise,
the original 1979 bearing assembly was a true amateur radio "kitchen
table" product.

73, John. G3JVC/GM3JVC.