Re: [TowerTalk] Stub mast strengthening

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stub mast strengthening
From: John Ammeter <jammeter@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:47:31 -0700
I know that there's an "ultralight" aircraft that does exactly that to strengthen the wing spar. Without the sleeve, it's rated for one person but with the sleeve it's rated for an increase in gross load sufficient to carry two people. Same frame and wing length... only change is the added sleeve.

John
KE7JA