Re: [TowerTalk] Multiband antenna with non-resonant trap

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Multiband antenna with non-resonant trap
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 06:12:04 -0400
Reg, G4FGQ, has a program to do this on his website. Look for:

NOTATRAP

73, Roger

Tod Olson wrote:
I have some concerns about this article. I had gone through it several times
and tried to contact Yardley since he and I had spoken about other thing
before. Regrettably, he had reached the point where he was unable to
communicate and shortly afterward died.

If anyone has time to check the equations and verify that they are correct,
I for one would like to be advised. It would be nice to know that one can
really use the method to get useful antennas. As I recall, he selected a
'geometric mean' frequency for the resonant point and then designed traps
that would respond to the reactance at the desired frequency.

Tod, K0TO