Re: [TowerTalk] Multiband antenna with non-resonant trap

To: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Multiband antenna with non-resonant trap
From: Jim Miller <jim@jtmiller.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 20:59:51 -0400
I have a copy of the Yardley article. I was trying the concept to work up a
80/30 trap dipole but found that being too close to the third harmonic it
was impossible for me to get both the 80m and 30m sections resonant. I was
designing for 80m then looking at the 30m portion and even though it's a
tiny band I could never bring the impedance into range.

I was using EZNEC+ latest version.

Anyone have any ideas if this will work?

Thanks

jim ab3cv