Re: [TowerTalk] RF in my laptop

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF in my laptop
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 11:26:29 -0700 (PDT)
John,

Is the shield of your feedline bonded to ground at the point of entry into your
house, as NEC and NFPA require? And, is that ground rod also bonded to your
electrical service entrance ground rod as NEC requires?

Magically, almost ALL my issues with RFI disappeared when I complied as above.
I run several antennas at varying distances from my shack (including a half
wavelength 20m vertical on the roof, and a 40m dipole that runs directly above
my shack.  And, I run as much as 1KW output.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC