Re: [TowerTalk] RF in my laptop

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF in my laptop
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 00:46:21 -0700
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 11:26:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Cc: electric911inc@hotmail.com

John,
?
Is the shield of your feedline bonded to ground at the point of entry into your
house,?as NEC and NFPA require? And, is that ground rod also bonded to your
electrical service entrance ground rod as NEC requires?
?
Magically, almost ALL my issues with RFI disappeared when I complied as above.
I run several antennas at varying distances from my shack (including a half
wavelength 20m vertical on the roof, and a 40m dipole that runs directly above
my shack.? And, I run as much as 1KW output.
?
vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC