[TowerTalk] Fw: Off Center Fed Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: Off Center Fed Antennas
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 22:25:01 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
To: "Bill Ogden" <ogden@us.ibm.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Off Center Fed Antennas

My 160 meter "half slopers" work great. Maybe it's because I call them "quarterwave slopers". Or, maybe because I never tried to "tune" them - just use a little L network for matching to the coax. Or, maybe it's because I have six 100 foot raised radials around the tower. Or maybe it's because I have three in different directions because I used to use them as reflectors for three 80 meter sloping dipoles. Or, maybe it's because I ground the coax shield to the tower at both the top and the base of the tower. Or, maybe I just happen to have good earth. Or, Or, Or. The point is we all use slightly different flavors with "standard" recipes and some taste better than others.
Gene / W2LU

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Ogden" <ogden@us.ibm.com>