Re: [TowerTalk] Coax and control lines in same PVC

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax and control lines in same PVC
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:17:32 -0400
It's a very neat system, much evolved from when I did a test for QST (in April 2010), but in that test I neededthe higher power XBee radio modules for reliable communications from inside my frame house to my tower ~250 feet away. I suspect one mile must require line of sight, no intervening structures, and maybe some sort of directional gain antennas on both ends.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.