Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator for sreppIR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator for sreppIR
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:27:56 -0400
On 6/25/2013 7:11 PM, Rick Karlquist wrote:

You are correct that the Steppir  puts more torque on the rotor and mast.

73 Larry K1ZW

Perhaps they do, but I currently have had a 2 element SteppIR
turned by a tiny HD-73 rotator* on a flimsy 10 inch face aluminum
tower up for a year and it seems to be doing fine.  I don't
see any tower twisting when it stops.  The elements do move around
a lot, but not a problem.

*no other rotator will fit inside this tower, and even the HD-73
barely fits.

Have you tried the little Yaesu Rotator for fit. There was one in my LM470 with lots of room to spare?

73

Roger (K8RI)

Rick N6RK