Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 12:24:19 -0400
On 7/8/2013 10:21 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
I'll take those odds, and repeat - unless you are prepared to spend
totally disproportionate amounts of money, or have the EE smarts to do
it yourself, and the physical circumstancesto do everything optimally,
you are begging far more hurt by staying connected.

For every lightning hit 10 miles from a storm, there are probably a
thousand that are well forewarned.  If you're looking to protect the
Space Shuttle, that's one, thing, but...

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.