Re: [TowerTalk] Side mounted tri-banders

To: "Dan Atchison" <N3ND@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Side mounted tri-banders
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 12:05:43 -0400
Hi Dan -
I have a TH-6 mounted at 45 feet on a home brewed sidegate. I need +/- 2 feet clearance around the mast to stay clear of the tower. I had to move the mast/boom plate slightly and move one element slightly to get the clearance. I added a small amount of weight inside one end of the boom to bring it to balance. Net result works great and is very nice to have in conjunction with my home brew 7-60 MHz LP at 100 feet.
Good luck with your project.
73's,    Gene /W2LU

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Atchison" <N3ND@aol.com>