Re: [TowerTalk] Boom Supports

To: Chuck Sudds <chuck@dxham.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Boom Supports
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 10:59:58 -0400
A truss could be mounted BELOW the boom ... made of two pieces of aluminum angle.

73
Don
N8DE

Quoting Chuck Sudds <chuck@dxham.net>:

Good Morning, fellow antenna enthusiasts!

I have a question that I would like your expertise and experience with.
 I would like to mount a long-boom 6 meter beam above my 20 meter
monobander.  The mast extends about 6 feet above the 20 meter beam (I
know that this is pretty close spacing but it is all I can manage so it
will have to do!)  As you can see, there is no room above the proposed
6 meter beam to mount a boom support guying system.  I have been
thinking of mounting a short piece of angle iron, about 3-4 feet long,
onto the boom-to-mast plate so that I can provide a support point for
the boom.  I understand that this is not an ideal situation but do you
see anything wrong with this approach?

Thanks in advance!  Always enjoy the wealth of knowledge on this reflector!!

Chuck  KØTVD
www.dxham.net