Re: [TowerTalk] Boom Supports

To: Chuck Sudds <chuck@dxham.net>, towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Boom Supports
From: Hector Garcia XE2K <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 09:18:30 -0700 (PDT)
Chuck
what is the length of the long boom?
your options are easy to apply
1.-add the aluminum angle , for weight  on top,  turnbuckles and  some philly
2.- Reinforce the boom  to avoid slag (or make a stronger)
3.- Add a lower support
4.- combination of 2 or more of the above

I made a few 6m beams with  booms from 32 to 42 ft,  using 2 in booms , from
0.58  and .125 walls  those only need a basic vertical philly
support and works fine,  Also made one with  double  boom at the center (below
the main) for a windy location plus a complementary
vertical support
If your tower/rotor can  handle a little more of wind load an aluminum pipe  on
top can be your solution depending of you long boom length
is where YMMV

J.Hector Garcia  XE2K / AD6D
Mexicali B.C  DM22fp / Heber CA
P.O.Box 73