Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA Angles Data

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA Angles Data
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 09:33:54 -0700

If I remember correctly, Dean Straw said that the ARRL crunched the numbers back in the mid-90's using a computer that took a few days, but I'm not sure it really matters. We're talking optimum takeoff/arrival angles here, and I'm not sure that angle is a strong function of F-layer densities. It would be pretty easy to check ... just run a few paths in VOACAP for the same hour of the day using two different SSNs and compare the TANGLE results for various frequencies.

73,
Dave   AB7E