Re: [TowerTalk] Crankup Danger

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crankup Danger
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 17:30:43 -0500
Thanks guys for sharing the personal experiences. With the tilt over feature, I don't intend to climb this tower at all. I will use a 4 leg (painter's) ladder (12 footer) to access the electric crank up winch or my 24 ft extension ladder if need be.

I will be erecting a taller tower fairly soon, another tilt over crank up and I will keep your comments in mind. I think I will be installing some hinged steel safety pawls to ensure the sections cannot fall even if a cable breaks. These would be engaged before I would ever do any tower maintenance with it not fully retracted.

Thanks guys,

Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: Les Kalmus