To: w1srd@yahoo.com, towertalk@contesting.com, n5ge@n5ge.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 128, Issue 13
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 10:02:02 -0400 (EDT)
>  I purchased the proper FAH gear. One question I had is when working  at
the top of a tower, what is the recommendation for attachment point? My
understanding is it is supposed to be *above* you. What if there is nothing to
clip at a point higher than you are working? If you are using a 6' FAH,
that's a  long drop if clipped in where you are standing...
Use a shorter FAH or a 3'  positioning harness plus the FAH?

    The only attachment point in this  common scenario should be above you,
in this case - the mast. You can use a  sling as a choker around the mast.

    Otherwise use the highest point you  can find. It might not be above
you but will still function as fall arrest  lanyard, albeit you'll fall a
little further initially. Since the trickiest part  about a crank-up is
climbing
it, the FA system will be most helpful when  climbing.

    At least you won't hit the ground or  other object.

Cheers & climb safe,
Steve       K7LXC
TOWER TECH