Re: [TowerTalk] hairpin matches

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] hairpin matches
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 13:44:57 -0400

The Hy-Gain "clamshell" element mounting is very difficult to use on
six meters as the feedpoint connection fans out by at least 4".

I agree with Hector ... scrap the Hy-Gain boom to element mounts and
start with a clean design based on insulated elements above or below
the boom.  In addition to G0KSC's designs, those by Pop, YU7EF are
well recommended, have been built by many and are solid performers.
See: http://www.yu7ef.com/ - the EF606 would work very well on the
Hy-Gain 24' boom and offers a direct 50 Ohm feed.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV