Re: [TowerTalk] Towable towers available from the government

To: Crownhaven <crownhaven@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Towable towers available from the government
From: Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:43:43 -0400
Hi Steve,

Agreed!

There's another angle, too...

I have a VE3 ham buddy who used to come down to Florida every year to vacation over the winter months. One winter he brought a boatload of recently pulled, low band Motorolover Micors and Mitrex mobiles with him. He said that they were moving out the back door of a local dealer because the vast majority of them were going to meet their fate at the hands of a drill bit through the PA section. In Motorola's mind, they only sell new. Used stuff that tends to hang around for another lifetime negates the purchase of more new stuff.

I've never really seen it that way and especially now a days, when everyone has a cellphone in their pocket.

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
www.w4abc.com