Re: [TowerTalk] Mast steps

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast steps
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:02:13 -0500 (CDT)
my thought would be more like... mount the top section with rotor and thrust
bearing sideways and then climb out on the mast... how far would you go before
the rotor or or top section or thrust bearing broke?  granted you climbing the
mast won't put 100% of your weight sideways, but you are a live load and the
components are  not brand new by the time you need to go fix something.
personally I always lower the antennas to me rather than climb a mast.